Private In-Home Prenatal Childbirth Classes
(Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba)
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are embarking on an amazing journey to prepare you for the day that you meet your little bean. Childbirth is a monumental event and will be one of the most important days of your life. Choose Bean Family Wellness to help prepare you for your birth experience.
Enjoy Bean Family Wellness' 1:1 Private Prenatal Classes that are taught in the comfort of your own home and adapted to your busy schedule! Prenatal Classes are designed for couples however single parents are welcome to attend and are encouraged to bring their doula or other support person. These classes cover a variety of topics, however, because of the individual nature of them, they will also be customized to your personal birth experience.
When should you take a Prenatal Childbirth Class?
It is most recommended to take a Prenatal Childbirth Class with Bean Family Wellness between 27-32 weeks pregnant. However, you can take a class prior to that, or anytime before you give birth. It can be helpful to take the class during this time to help you and your partner feel more prepared for birth, it gives you time to practice some of the techniques and comfort measures that we cover in class, plus it gives you time to do more research about your options and discuss it with your partner and care provider.
Topics you'll learn about:
- Preparing for Labour and Childbirth During Pregnancy
- The Physiologic Process of Labour and Childbirth and
- How your Partner / Support Persons can Help
- Comfort Measures
- Pain Relief Options (including both natural and medication options to inform you of your choices)
- Postpartum Care for Parents and Baby at your Place of Birth
- Newborn Care, including soothing techniques, sleep for baby, kangaroo care, and more!
- Postpartum Recovery and Support, including Adjusting to Parenting and Life with your New Baby, as well as Family and Individual Self-Care.
These classes are great for anyone planning a hospital, home, or birth centre birth, with either an obstetrician (OB), family doctor, or midwife.
Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Classes spend a majority of the class discussing labour and childbirth and how to prepare yourself during pregnancy. These classes will teach you how to become empowered and confident for your birth, and help you to create a more positive pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience. You will learn how to be an active participant in your birth, and how to include your partner and/or labour support team in your birth experience.
All Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Childbirth Class Fees Include:
- your choice of group childbirth class,
- an educational packet with great resources for pregnancy - birth - postpartum,
- a complimentary sample pack for baby,
- plus a BONUS $50 gift certificate for Imagery by Bean. Valid for any maternity, baby, birth, or family photography session
- Save $50 off* Birth Doula Services *subject to availability based on your estimated due date*
Length of class
On average, private classes last approximately 4hrs long.
- Private classes cover the exact same content but can be covered in less time due to the 1:1 nature of private classes, instead of a group setting (e.g. answering questions from other couples, individual work with each couple, group activities, etc.).
Private In-Home Prenatal Childbirth Class Fee: $210 + gst (per couple)
Please note, payment is required to reserve your childbirth class. Please register below, then, pay securely and conveniently with any major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express).
Alternatively, payment can be made by cheque or Email Money Transfer / eInterac. Credit Card payments are accepted by telephone.
Private classes are available during the day, as well as on evenings and weekends. Below you can view the calendar by clicking your class option below and reserve a time that is convenient for your family.