Group Childbirth Classes
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are embarking on an amazing journey to prepare you for the day that you meet your little bean. Birth is a monumental event and will be one of the most important days of your life. Choose Bean Family Wellness to help prepare you for your birth and postpartum experience.
Childbirth Classes are designed for couples, however single parents are welcome to attend and are encouraged to bring their doula or other support person. These classes cover a variety of topics that you'll love to learn about to prepare you for the rest of your pregnancy, your labour and birth, and the postpartum period. Group Childbirth Classes are a great opportunities to socialize with other expectant families (many of whom continue to keep in touch after classes end), learn from other people's stories and experience, ask and share questions, benefit from group learning! Group classes help remind you that you are not alone in this journey to meeting your new little bean! Bean Family Wellness Childbirth Classes are great for anyone planning a hospital, home, or birth centre birth, with either an obstetrician (OB), family doctor, or midwife.
When should you take a Prenatal Childbirth Class?
It is most recommended to take a Prenatal Childbirth Class with Bean Family Wellness between 27-32 weeks pregnant. However, you can take a class prior to that, or anytime before you give birth. It can be helpful to take the class during this time to help you and your partner feel more prepared for birth, it gives you time to practice some of the techniques and comfort measures that we cover in class, plus it gives you time to do more research about your options and discuss it with your partner and care provider.
The upcoming one-day group childbirth class dates are:
Saturday, July 28 from 9:30am - 5:30pm - only 1 space remaining
*New Class* Saturday, August 11 from 10:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday, August 25 from 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday, September 22 from 9:30 - 5:30pm
Saturday, October 20 from 9:30 - 5:30pm
Saturday, November 3 from 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday, December 15 from 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday, January 26, 2019, from 9:30am - 5:30pm
Topics you'll learn about:
- Preparing for Labour and Childbirth During Pregnancy
- The Physiologic Process of Labour and Childbirth and
- How your Partner / Support Persons can Help
- Comfort Measures
- Pain Relief Options (including both natural and medication options to inform you of your choices)
- Postpartum Care for Parents and Baby at your Place of Birth
- Newborn Care, including soothing techniques, sleep for baby, kangaroo care, and more!
- Postpartum Recovery and Support, including Adjusting to Parenting and Life with your New Baby, as well as Family and Individual Self-Care.
Bean Family Wellness Childbirth Classes spend a majority of the class discussing labour and childbirth and how to prepare yourself during pregnancy. These classes will teach you how to become empowered and confident for your birth, and help you to create a more positive pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience. You will learn how to be an active participant in your birth, and how to include your partner and/or labour support team in your birth experience.
All Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Childbirth Class Fees Include:
- your choice of group childbirth class,
- an educational packet with great resources for pregnancy - birth - postpartum,
- a complimentary sample pack for baby,
- plus a BONUS $50 gift certificate for Imagery by Bean to use towards your choice of maternity, newborn, baby or family photography session (Transferable - No cash value).
- Looking for a Doula? Save $50 off* Birth Doula Services when you take your Prenatal Childbirth Class with Bean Family Wellness.
*subject to availability based on your estimated due date
Length of class:
Group Classes vary in length from a condensed 'childbirth class in a day', full weekend, or evening series classes. Not finding a group class that matches your schedule? Inquire about our private childbirth classes.
The upcoming classes will take place at the Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex at 999 Sargent Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Currently, all group classes are located in Winnipeg.
To arrange for a group class in your rural community, please contact Ilissa at 204-990-3519.
Payment is required to reserve your childbirth class. Please register below, then, pay securely and conveniently with any major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express).
Otherwise, contact us to arrange alternative payment options by online invoice (credit card payments), cheque, or Email Money Transfer / eInterac. Payments can also be accepted over the telephone via credit card.
Group Childbirth Class Cost:
$175 + gst (per couple)