Birth Doula Services
Offering Birth Doula Services in Winnipeg & Rural Manitoba
Supporting Your Family During Pregnancy, Birth, and the Postpartum Period
What is a Birth Doula?
A Birth Doula is a professional, non-medical birth assistant who is experienced with and knowledgeable about childbirth. She provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a woman and her family during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Your Birth Doula Collection Includes,
- 1 Consultation (30 minutes) + 2 Prenatal Visits (1-hour).
- 1 Postpartum Visit (1-hour) in your home.
- Additional Prenatal and Postpartum Doula Visits can be added as needed (additional fees applies).
- 24/7 telephone/email support during pregnancy + 8-weeks following birth.
- On-call for your birth starting at 37 weeks. If you are expecting a premature baby (or babies), please let us know.
- A back-up doula is included to ensure you are fully supported during your pregnancy and birth
- Attendance at your labour and birth - day or night!
- Physical, emotional, and informational support during your pregnancy, birth, & postpartum period. Important: Doulas do not replace partners or other support people; partners and siblings benefit from doulas too!
- Breastfeeding, Pumping, and Feeding Support.
- Access to the Bean Family Wellness Lending Library.
- Access to the Bean Family Wellness Resource Book for clients.
- 10% off any Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Childbirth Class (private in-home, group, or refresher classes)
- a $50 gift certificate valid for Maternity or Newborn Photography Sessions reserved with Imagery by Bean, professional photography service of Bean Family Wellness (Transferable - No Cash Value)
- 10% off Birth Pool Rentals, Breast Pump Rentals, and TENS Machine Rentals.
$715 + gst
Choose a 1-, 2-, or 3-payment option. Payable by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express in-person or online, E-Interac Transfer, Cheque or Cash.
A non-refundable retainer fee of 50% is required to reserve your doula for your estimated due date period; your retainer is applied to your total fee.
Are you looking for a birth photographer too?
Birth photography is available to doula clients as an add-on. Ilissa's photography has been seen in several Internationally Published Magazines such as Midwifery Today, Pathways to Family Wellness, Holistic Parenting, and Natural Pregnancy Magazine. Ask about how you can document your labour and your first moments as a family with a customized Doula and Birth Photography Collection. Birth Story Collections can be a stand-alone collection (without doula services) or a doula service add-on. Additional fees apply for Birth Photography aside from Birth Doula Services.