Private Prenatal Childbirth Classes
for Single Mothers
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are embarking on an amazing journey to prepare you for the day that you meet your little bean. Childbirth is a monumental event and will be one of the most important days of your life. Choose Bean Family Wellness to help prepare you for your birth experience.
Bean Family Wellness understands that every family is unique and different. For mothers who are welcoming their little bean without a partner, we offer Single Mother Private Prenatal Childbirth Classes. These classes are for women who don't have an extra support person to take their class with. If you have hired a doula or have a family or friend who plans to attend with you, please register for our Standard Group Prenatal Childbirth Classes or the Private In-Home Prenatal Childbirth Classes.
These classes cover a variety of topics, however, because of the individual nature of them, they will also be customized to your personal experience. Topics will be tailored to Single Mothers for both labour and birth preparation, as well as postpartum topics.
When should you take a Prenatal Childbirth Class?
It is most recommended to take a Prenatal Childbirth Class with Bean Family Wellness between 27-32 weeks pregnant. However, you can take a class prior to that, or anytime before you give birth. It can be helpful to take the class during this time to help you feel more prepared and empowered for birth, it gives you time to practice some of the techniques and comfort measures that we cover in class, plus it gives you time to do more research about your options and discuss it with your care provider and support person.
Topics you'll learn about:
- Preparing for Labour and Childbirth During Pregnancy
- The Physiologic Process of Labour and Childbirth and
- Working with your Care Team during your Birth Experience
- Comfort Measures
- Pain Relief Options (including both natural and medication options to inform you of your choices)
- Postpartum Care for Mother and Baby at your Place of Birth
- Newborn Care, including soothing techniques, sleep for baby, kangaroo care, and more!
- Postpartum Recovery and Support, including Adjusting to Parenting and Life with your New Baby, as well as Individual Self-Care.
These classes are great for anyone planning a hospital, home, or birth centre birth, with either an obstetrician (OB), family doctor, or midwife.
Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Classes spend a majority of the class discussing labour and childbirth and how to prepare yourself during pregnancy. These classes will teach you how to become empowered and confident for your birth, and help you to create a more positive pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience. You will learn how to be an active participant in your birth.
All Bean Family Wellness Prenatal Childbirth Class Fees Include:
- your choice of group childbirth class,
- an educational packet with great resources for pregnancy - birth - postpartum,
- a complimentary sample pack for baby,
- plus a BONUS $50 gift certificate for Imagery by Bean to use towards your choice of maternity, newborn, baby or family photography session (Transferable - No cash value).
- Looking for a Doula? Save $50 off* Birth Doula Services when you take your Prenatal Childbirth Class with Bean Family Wellness.
*subject to availability based on your estimated due date
Length of class
On average, private classes last approximately 3.5hrs long.
- Private classes cover the same content but can be covered in less time due to the 1:1 nature of private classes, instead of a group setting (e.g. answering questions from other couples, group activities, etc.). Please note the content of this class is adjusted for Single Mothers. Less time will be spent on comfort measures and some activities that are geared towards couples.
Private classes are available during the day, as well as on evenings and weekends. Below you can view the calendar by clicking your class option below and reserve a time that is convenient for your family.
Payment is required to reserve your prenatal class. Please register below, then, pay securely and conveniently with any major credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express).
Otherwise, contact us to arrange alternative payment options by online invoice (credit card payments), cheque, or Email Money Transfer / eInterac.
Private Prenatal Class Cost:
$170 + gst (per mother) - if you have a support person, please register for our regular classes.