Bean Family Wellness is happy to offer access to a lending library, which is available to all Bean Family Wellness during their pregnancy and the first 6 weeks following their birth. The purpose of this lending library is to give you with access to high quality resources that provide positive and trustworthy information about pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. We also have some books in out collection focused on natural living topics.
All of the resources offered through this lending library have been thoroughly reviewed and we recommend any of them. The resources included here are considered must-reads or must-views (DVDs). We hope that these resources will educate and empower you!
- Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-care for Common Ailments by Michael Reed Gach
- The Art of Giving Birth: With Chanting, Breathing, and Movement by Frederick Leboyer, M.D.
- The Baby Book by William Sears, M.D., and Martha Sears, R.N.
- Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife (novel) by Peggy Vincent
- Baby Signs: How to Talk with Your Baby Before Your Baby Can Talk, Third Edition by Linda Acredolo, Ph.D. and Susan Goodwyn, Ph.D.
- The Birth Book by William Sears, M.D., and Martha Sears, R.N.
- Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation by Pam England, CNM, MA, & Rob Horowitz, PhD
- Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta by Ina May Gaskin
- The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions by Penny Simkin
- The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk by Diana West, IBCLC, and Lisa Marasco, M.A. IBCLC
- Defining Your Own Success: Breastfeeding After Breast Reduction Surgery by Diana West
- The Doula Book: How a Trained Labor Companion Can Help You Have a Shorter, Easier, and Healthier Birth (2nd Edition) by Marshall H. Klaus, John H. Kennell, and Phyllis H. Klaus
- Eco-Friendly Families by Helen Coronato
- Gentle Birth Choices (with DVD) by Barbara Harper, R.N.
- Home Births: Stories to inspire and inform by Abigail Cairns
- Hypnobirthing: The breakthrough natural approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing - The Mongan Method, 3rd Edition by Marie Mongan
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Into these Hands: Wisdom from Midwives, edited by Geradine Simkins
- Labor Pain: A natural approach to easing delivery by Nicky Wesson
- Motherfood: Food and herbs that promote milk production and a mother's health by Hilary Jacobson
- Natural Health After Birth: The Complete Guide to Postpartum Wellness by Aviva Jill Romm
- The New Experience of Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger
- The Nursing Mother's Herbal by Sheila Humphrey, BSc, RN, IBCLC
- The Other Baby Book: A Natural Approach to Baby's First Year by Megan McGrory Massaro and Miriam J. Katz
- The Premature Baby Book by William Sears, M.D., Robert Sears, M.D., James Sears, M.D., and Martha Sears, R.N.
- Our Water Baby (Children's book) by Amy Maclean and Jan Nesbitt
- Sacred Pregnancy: A Loving Guide & Journal for Expectant Moms by Anni Daulter
- Sleeping with Your Baby: A Parents Guide to Cosleeping by James J. McKenna, PhD
- Spiritual Midwifery (4th Edition) by Ina May Gaskin
- Spiritual Pregnancy: Develop, Nurture & Embrace the Journey of Motherhood by Shawn A. Tassone, M.D., and Kathryn M. Landherr, M.D.
- Wisewoman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susan S. Weed
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp, M.D.
- MORE Business of Being Born (4-disc set) by Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein
More resources are being added all the time to this list. If you are curious about a book or would like to see a book on our lending library list, please contact us.